Lewis County 4-H Shooting Sports Club at their new indoor range.
Call 315-376-5270 to join!
BUILDING LIFE SKILLS
Specific objectives for the program are to:
- teach decision making, teamwork, self-discipline, self-confidence, and problem solving;
- promote the highest standards of safety, sportsmanship, and ethical behavior;
- encourage an appreciation and understanding of natural resources;
- develop leadership abilities;
- build character and willingness to assume citizenship responsibility;
- furnish enjoyable, positive relationships with peers and adult instructors;
- strengthen families through participation in lifelong recreational activities;
- build awareness of related career opportunities.
SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE
The Shooting Sports curriculum uses the resources of the land-grant
university and the time, talent, and dedication of Cooperative Extension
agents and certified 4-H leaders, instructors, and trainers who
instruct 4-H members in firearms safety and marksmanship. The shooting
disciplines include archery, muzzle loading, pistol, rifle, shotgun and
hunting. Each discipline is taught by a National or State Certified
2017 NE Regional 4-H Shooting Sports Workshops
New York State 4-H Shooting Sports
National 4-H Shooting Sports
Last updated February 7, 2018