Each year there is one chance to harvest a forage that will be a major component of the herd's feed needs for 12 months or more. Planning for success during this dynamic process involves mapping out a flexible trategy that allows you to adapt to changing crop and weather conditions without forfeiting your goals for quality forage.
The 2019 season adds additional challenges to this process as we will be dealing with a very wide planting window and the prospect for immature corn at harvest.
Topics for discussion:
• Whole Plant Dry Matter and Mapping out Harvest Sequence
• Dealing with immature forages
• Strategies for successful ensiling
• Considerations for where to store crops of different qualities
• Dealing with the aftermath of 2019
Please register by August 26th
CCE Lewis County
7395 East Road
Lowville, NY 13367