Required Paperwork for New Employees
I. Contingent Offer/ Background Check Process:
Congratulations on being given a contingent offer to work at Cooperative Extension! In order to complete the offer process, we will need to conduct background checks on you. If you have not yet done so please complete and return the following paperwork. We must receive these forms and complete your screenings before we can send your official offer of employment. Please return the completed forms directly to the HR Representative indicated in your contingent offer letter by regular mail, fax, e-mail or in person at our main office (place in sealed envelope marked confidential and address to HR). Due to confidentiality concerns, these forms should not be returned to your hiring manager.
1. Staff Screening Consent Form
2. Authorization to Check Driving Record
If you have been offered a position without going through the online application process (this may occur if you are hired for temporary or casual employment), you will also need to complete a paper application and Personal Data form to complete the pre-hire process. These documents are below and should also be turned in to your HR Representative if not yet completed:
II. New Hire Forms:
After you receive an Official Offer of Employment letter from Cooperative Extension, please visit the links below and complete the forms.These forms must be returned TOGETHER AND COMPLETE to your HR Representative NO LATER than the end of your first day, along with the required forms of identification for I-9 completion. If you need paper copies, please contact your HR Representative or come into the office. Thank you.
- I-9 Form link: I-9 Form; http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/fo... (see Acceptable ID and Form Instructions if needed. Originals of identification MUST be brought to the office.
- W-4 (Federal Tax Form) and IT-2104 (NY State tax form) W4 Instructions PDF - this process should be completed via Workday once you have been entered into our system. If you are unable to access Workday by the end of your first day of employment, you may complete paper copies of the forms by going to: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4.pdf (see Instructions if needed) and http://www.tax.ny.gov/pdf/current_forms/it/it2104_fill_in.pdf (see
Instructions if needed). The IRS calculator will help you
determine the correct number of allowances to claim on your IRS Form W-4... IRS Withholding Calculator
- Direct Deposit (optional): Direct Deposit Instructions PDF Please note that this is an online process that must be done via Workday, rather than using an actual form.
- Health Insurance: Health Insurance Enrollment Form for Empire Plan PDF; Empire Plan Enrollment Instructions; 2019 Health Insurance Rates
- New York State Retirement (available to all employees, required for all full time staff): Please review Informational slides on NYS Retirement. If not electing, employees must sign a Waiver of Election Form and Survivor Benefit Form (for complimentary life insurance policy provided as part of employment). To elect and assign beneficiaries, complete the NYS Election Form RS5420 PDF and the Designation of Beneficiary Form. SOME OF THESE RETIREMENT FORMS MUST BE NOTARIZED (public notary may be available at the CCE office building). Please remember that this is mandatory for all full time employees. If you do not enroll, you will be contacted by benefits services at a later date and will be required to enroll and pay extra payments to catch up!
- 2-Step Authentication… Enroll in 2-Step Login to be able to access University web resources. Instructions and Cornell IT website Instructions.
Last updated July 26, 2019